Showing Love and Kindness to Employees
Last week we celebrated the love we share with friends and significant others and closed the week with a celebration of spreading kindness. This week, I want to focus on how we can show love and kindness to our employees and co-workers.
Over the past few years, I’ve dedicated quite a few weeks to covering these topics, and so I’ve gathered a few ideas below – each of them is linked to a past blog post where you can read more. I’d encourage you to read them all, but if you’re limited on time, pick a few areas that are challenging for you and see if you can make an extra effort to incorporate them into your work this year.
- Be honest – even when the news is tough to share.
- Talk to them about more than work stuff.
- Focus on how you can support them, rather than how they can support your business.
- Listen to them (yes, even the “other side”).
- Recognize the interconnectedness of employees’ work lives and personal lives – and DO something about it.
- Create a loving and caring culture – and live it out.
- Make an effort to understand and provide for your employees using Maslow’s Hierarchy.
- Create a sense of shared purpose at work.
Here’s the celebrating love and kindness in business in 2023!